Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Oscars in Mississippi 2007

Ok, so I didn't end up sitting in front of the T.V. by myself with a margarita in hand. There were about 20 women who showed up at my front door. All of which had never been to an Oscar party and really didn't know what to expect. Well, they had a great time and we're going to definitely make this an annual event. I must tell you, though, that I was a bit sad that night. I really miss all of my girlfriends in Illlinois. It just wasn't the same without all of them. I have met really nice women down here and we're having a good time but I just wish I could have had all of the Illinois gals down here with me. I miss you all!!!
The hostesses - Julie, Anne-Marie and Me. I invited everyone I knew and they invited all of their friends. Thanks for helping me with the party and introducing me to your friends, Anne Marie and Julie!!
The food!! Artichoke dip, BBQ Chicken chopped dip, Cheeseballs galore, Mexican layer dips, Chocolate covered Strawberries and Anne Maries Oreo Truffles were just some of the finger foods we had. YUM!
Doesn't everyone look beautiful.

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

For a second I actually thought that the red carpet was here on Westlawn and that the dining room table was in your dining room here. Your house looked beautiful . . . Maybe I come down for it next year? That would be fun :) I'd love to meet your friends!

Anonymous said...

Hey there my sweetie pies,
I love all the pictures, especially the ones where Addison is looking at my scrapebook...It looks like she is thinking---- hey I remember that face--- it's my grandma!!!! Yeah
Oh how I miss ALL of you. Therefore, I know you are so tired and pressed for time,but I need more new pictures to look at. PLEASE
MOM
March 7, 2007 11:55

Anonymous said...

Hey there my sweetie pies,
I love all the pictures, especially the ones where Addison is looking at my scrapebook...It looks like she is thinking---- hey I remember that face--- it's my grandma!!!! Yeah
Oh how I miss ALL of you. Therefore, I know you are so tired and pressed for time,but I need more new pictures to look at. PLEASE
MOM
March 7, 2007 11:55

Anonymous said...

Well written article.