Thursday, February 15, 2007

OSCAR, OSCAR ! ! ! !

When I lived in Illinois my friend Heidi and I started having an Oscar party at my house. Yes, I'm talking about the Academy Awards. It was a women only party and the dress code was evening wear as if you were actually attending the Oscars. We had everything from the red carpet for them to walk on to the Oscar awards and acceptance speeches. The first year was a success so we made it an annual event. After the second year I found out I was moving to Mississippi. :( The awards this year are next Sunday, February 25th. I have only been in Mississippi for 6 months but I'm attempting to throw an Oscar party here. I'm inviting every woman I've ever met or come in contact with. We'll see how it goes. Here are some of the pictures from the Oscar party I had in Illinois (2005 and 2006). It was soooo much fun!!! Let's hope people actually show up to my party this year or I may be sitting in front of the T.V. all alone in my evening gown with a glass of wine. Hey, that will still be ok, right?!?




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love those pics. Good luck with your party, Jen. No girls can be as beautiful and fabulous as those here in D-town!! Haha :) I wish you the best and can't wait to see the pictures, though. We'll miss the party this year...I'm so thankful for the experience - I'll never walk the red-carpet again!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good turnout Jen, really missed you and your party this year!!! You were in my thoughts.
vickie c