Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Do you know me?

Ok, so my friend, Val, had this on her blog and I loved it. So, I thought I would do the same. Do you know me?


If you really knew me you would know……..

….I am scared to death to fly. I mean petrified!!!! I have no idea how I ended up marrying a pilot.
….I love to read People magazine. I need to get a subscription but I keep telling myself I shouldn’t because it’s a waste of money. Well, every time I’m in the grocery store at the checkout it is calling my name. I try to talk myself out of it but I end up buying it every time! A subscription would be cheaper than my habit.
….I wear an eyemask to sleep. I use to wear earplugs as well but I can’t do that now with a baby.

....I love massages. I wish I could have a 1 hour massage every day. If I can't have that I would be happy with a simple 5 minute massage. Or if someone would just tickle my arm I would be in heaven.
….when I was a little girl I was scared to death of nuclear war and natural disasters. It was so bad that I would hide out in a blanket/chair tent in the basement for hours. Oh, and with my dolls, canned soup (no can opener) and a little bit of change (probably only $0.50). As an adult, I have accepted the fact that these things are simply out of my control. So, why worry? I can't do anything about it. I hate things that are out of my control!!!
….my dog, Jett, is my other baby. I love her to death.
….I was voted “Most Gulible” in highschool.
….I love Good and Plenty candies. I could eat anything with black licorice every day.
….I have a shoe problem. I’m better than I was. Well, I don’t buy as many shoes for myself. Now I buy them for Addison.
….I have spent the night in a tent with Elephants, Lions, Rhinos and Snakes surrounding me. How? I went on a 2 week safari traveling through South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Zambia. Crazy.
….I love Earl Grey tea with a little bit of sugar and some milk.
….I HATE to drink milk straight. I LOVE chocolate milk. I honestly do not remember the last time I drank a cup of milk. Probably when I was 5....seriously.
….I’m a celebrity gossip girl. I know it’s silly but I know what’s going on with many celebrities. I’m addicted to it.
….I LOVE T.V. awards shows (especially the Oscars). I cry sometimes when the winner’s name is called.
….I am a HUGE 24 fan. I have never been addicted to a T.V. show….EVER. But this show has seriously pulled me in and I am sooooo excited for the new season to start. I’m in love with Jack Bauer.
….my favorite smell ever is Honeysuckle. It takes me back to when I was a little girl and I’d go to Grandma and Grandpa's house out in the country. Honeysuckle was everywhere. I love the smell!
….I love the beach but fear the ocean. I’ll only go so far until I start to freak out.
….my favorite treat (besides licorice) is chocolate covered strawberries. I would love to eat at least one every single day. Ok, maybe 2.
….I had a tonsillectomy when I was 24 years old and it was, by far, the worst surgery I’ve ever had. It even beats a C-section.
….I have to have a straw in any drink.
….my favorite flower is a Gardenia.
….my middle name, Jayne, is the same as my daughter’s middle name, my mom’s middle name and my grandma’s first name.
....my husband, Ryan, and I went to highschool together. He was my brothers good friend. He was always at our house. He was like a brother to me. Funny how we ended up together.
....that every Thanksgiving dinner I put a big pile of mashed potatoes in the center of my plate and put pretty much everything else on top (green beans, turkey, corn, etc.) Then, I top it all with Gravy. I think this is the only way to eat a Thanksgiving dinner. Call me weird but it’s just this thing I’ve been doing since I was little. It disgusts my siblings.
....I’m attached to memories. I have a couple chests in my house filled with memories like my old tooth pillow, my baseball mit (excuse me, teeball), my grandma’s old gloves, quilts, pictures, etc.
....I can’t throw things away. I always think I’ll need it someday or it’s too sentimental to me. It drives Ryan crazy. He thinks I have too much “stuff”.
....I absolutely hate my toes. They use to curl so bad when I was little that my mom use to put popsickle sticks under them to try to get them to straighten. They’re not that bad now but I still don’t like them. I just started to expose them to the public with open toe shoes 5 years ago.


....both sets of my grandparent’s have passed and it makes me sad. I think of them daily. I really think of my grandma’s and I wish I spent more time with them talking about their lives and getting to know them as women not just grandma’s. I wish I weren’t so caught up in me and sat down to smell the roses with them. I always thought I would have time to do that “later”. I wish I would have recorded them talking about their lives. I would have loved to have taped my grandpa's telling me how they fell in love with my grandma's. I wish. I wish. I wish.
....I’m always cold.
....I make checklists every day.
....I have a serious problem with anyone touching my face. They must wash their hands thoroughly before doing so….and I must witness the lather of the soap on their hands. It is especially a big deal if they just ate bacon. It seriously freaks me out.
….I’m close with my mommy and talk to her just about every day.
….I will never be too old to sit on my dad’s lap and be rocked.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can honestly say that I think I knew almost every point you made! Does this mean I really DO know you?? :) I did not know about your tonsil's being taken out and now you SCARE ME because I am suppose to get mine out. I was scheduled for it right before I got pg with Noah, needless to say, it has not been done yet. It must be done. Must, and now I am freaked out because of you!! Advice please!!!!